Monday, September 7, 2015

The Drop


Jamie, from The XX, remixing Gil Scott-Heron's I'm New Here

The drop is not something particular to all the shitty music we hear nowadays. Beethoven had drops. Beethoven had sick drops. Dropped it like it's German. It just took about 30 minutes to get to it and you never knew where or when or how it came. They called it, Der Surprisen Droppen.

People don't like surprises nowadays though. Surprises are upsetting. So then you get the drop for sure. You get it when you want it, and you're sure you're gonna get it. Every time a victory. No room for disappointment. No time for disappointment.

I want it now and I want it the way I know I want it. I know me. I'm the guy who likes it how he likes it.

Do not stray from the certainty of The Drop.


No comments:

Post a Comment